Satchari National Park, a total area of 243 hectare, is located in Habiganj, 55 km south-west of Sreemangal Upazila. Though it is less popular than Lawachara rain forest it has a higher diversity of plants and animals and far less human disturbance. There are seven streams; the origin of the name “Satchari” came from these seven streams. A fair number of hillock gibbons, fishing cats, jungle fowl, pygmy woodpeckers and adaptive pied hornbills are the major features of this park.
How to go
Satchari National Park is located at the Chunarighat Upazila of Habiganj district. You can take buses from Dhaka to go directly in Chunarighat Upazila. Also, you can travel Sylhet or Habiganj. From Habiganj, take local buses or other transports to reach that place.
How To Reach: Sreemangal Upazila
- By Road
- Shaymoli Paribahan:
Head Office, 25/B-1, Khilji Road, Mohammadpur, Shaymoli, Dhaka, Phone-9124139
Kalabagan Counter, Dhaka, Ph-9141047, 0171-1130862
Uttara Counter, Abdullahpur, Dhaka, Phone-0171-2839111
Kalyanpur Counter, Dhaka, Phone-9003331
- Green Line
9/2, Outer Circular Road, Momen Bagh, Rajarbagh, Dhaka, Tel: 8331302-4, 8353004-5
- Hanif Enterprise
22/3, Block-B, College Gate, Dhaka, Tel: +8802 9008480
Where to Stay
Sreemangal Tea Resort:
Accommodation: Bungalows BDT 3,500-5,500, Suites BDT-3,500/-, Ip rooms BDT-2,500/-. Have to add 15% vat & 7% Service charge.
Address: Bangladesh Tea Board, Bhanugach Road, Srimangal, MauloviBazar.
Hotel Tea Town:
Accommodation: Deluxe non A/c BDT 1,000-1,250, Couple BDT 1,350/-, Suite BDT-1,550-1,850/-
Have to add 15% vat & 5% service charge
Address: Dhaka Sylhet Road, Sreemongal.
- Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf
Arman Khan (Act GM), Sreemangal, +8801730793552-(59)
Things to do
- Bird safari- It’d be a journey which leads to expedition. As a result tourist might find pleasure while exploring the beauty of different birds.
- Jungle safari- It’s a great forest for safari. It has an extensive area to cover with an adventurous mind. It’s really an ideal place for forest trekkers.
- A photography lover should visit this place to click the wilderness at this national park.
- You may also visit other tourist spot in Madhabpur, Fruits valley, largest tea garden in Asia (Surma tea garden), Baghasura raj Bari, Teliapara Memorial monument, Hazrat Shah of solemana phatehagaji Mazar-i-Sharif.
A plenty of local restaurants are available at Chunarighat or Madhabpur.
- Best Time to Visit is from 01 October to 30 April.
2. You may consider carrying their own food and water as there are no restaurants inside the forest.